Macbeth journal entry #1
1) King Duncan– Feels Macbeth is very worthy gentleman. In Act I, King Duncan sees Macbeth as a loyal soldier and countryman. He hears that Macbeth has killed the treacherous MacDonwald. The sergeant enters and tells the king about the brave actions of Macbeth. Duncan also crowns him as Thane of Cawdor after rebel was executed. Also referred to Macbeth as “Valiant cousin” which maybe tells the reads that there related.
I fully disagree with this because King Duncan soon finds out Macbeth is nothing as he thought he would be. Also Macbeth could have easily just did all this to impress King Duncan so he can get the higher status. No one will ever suspect him to be the murderer if him and Duncan have a good clean relationship.
2) Lady Macbeth: Lady Macbeth sees Macbeth as a very soft and unwilling human. “too full o’ the milk of human kindness / To catch the nearest way” (1.5.17-18) She thinks Macbeth is to nice to do what it takes to kill King Duncan.. Which is what the nearest way to victory is in her books.
I disagree because why would you ever kill someone that you have a good relationship with? I feel like its easy for lady Macbeth to call him soft because she doesn’t feel the same way about Duncan as Macbeth. Macbeth sees King Duncan has a hard-worker and knows his death will bring sorrow to Scotland.
3) Thanes : The thanes see him as a new guy in town, and feel that Macbeth is very unacknowledged. They don’t want to create a relationship with him very soon because they don’t really know what hes really thinking.
I fully agree with the Thanes thinking this way. I feel like there doing this because they maybe don’t want to make a mistake with fully trusting and creating a relationship when they hardly know him. Just like how King Duncan is doing to Macbeth.
4) Macbeth: Macbeth knew his part at the beginning of the play, knew his worth and what he was among people. It all started trembling down, he started to have a different view on how things worked and wanted different things. This happened when he got his prophecy from the witches. He knew what had to be done to be king. Lady Macbeth started to influence Macbeth into killing Duncan, then Macbeth changed but not for the better.
I agree with this description, if the witches had never gave him his prophecy’s than Macbeth wouldn’t have changed into this “monster” he has become.
5) Hussein Reda: I feel like Macbeth knows what he is seen as people and didn’t really want it to change. He had a good relationship with King Duncan, and was seen as one of the higher ups. He became Thane of Cawdor and had a wife. But then i feel like he maybe got brain washed to do what was wrong. He heard his prophecy and ever since then he changed.
Act 1 Scene 7 Soliloquy
In this Soliloquy it really shows Macbeth’s feelings towards killing King Duncan.
“Commends the ingredients of our poisoned chalice .To our own lips.” Here Macbeth is saying Karma will come back to haunt you if he would kill King Duncan. Also feels like King Duncan is really good king and doesn’t deserve to die. Also says the only thing that his really influencing to commit the act, is ambition. My feeling towards Macbeth hasn’t changed at all. Like i said before i feel like he is a good person knows his worth. He also sees King Duncan has a really good person and doesn’t want to change it.